Located in the ancient village of Compiano, between the Apennines of Parma, the Castello di Compiano is a four-star relais, with modern rooms that fit in an historical context still intact. The castle houses three museums, a banquet hall, beautiful gardens and a panigacceria and braceria where you can try the typical local specialties.
Castello di Compiano History
Located on the road between Emilia and Liguria, the castle of Compiano is one of the seventeen prestigious buildings (medieval, Renaissance and Baroque structures among the most beautiful and best preserved in Italy) that embellish the territory corresponding to the ancient Duchy of Parma and Piacenza.
Built before the year 1000, it belonged to the Malaspina family, to the municipality of Piacenza and then for over four hundred years to the Landi family, to whom the Farnese and finally the Bourbons succeeded only in 1682. Following the unification of Italy, it became the private residence of Countess Lina Raimondi Gambarotta, who at her death left it as a legacy to the municipality of Compiano. And it is precisely this last owner, known for her great love for art, that we owe the splendid collection of six-eighteenth-century furniture and paintings that decorate the halls of the castle.
Visitable according to a specific schedule of schedules, the noble building is also offered as a place of entertainment, party and holiday. Especially during the summer, cultural events, theatrical performances, concerts and art exhibitions are organized, while throughout the year two manor houses can be rented to set up congresses, private parties and banquets (always with the support of a service outdoor catering).
A wing of the castle has been adapted for hotel use, with fifteen bedrooms furnished in classical style. Almost superfluous to say that those who stay there can only feel suddenly dropped into a new reality, where every aspect, every environment have a story to tell.