The splendid Palais Coburg Hotel residenz is housed in the prestigious historical building in neoclassical style in the very center of Vienna, just a few steps away from St. Stephen's Cathedral. Carefully modernized, it offers a quiet and private atmosphere, spacious and elegant suites and every kind of comfort. The hotel also houses a spa and an excellent gourmet restaurant, awarded two stars by the Michelin guide and a winery famous among wine lovers for its exceptional reserve.
Palais Coburg History
Palais Coburg, also known as Palais Saxe-Coburg, is a palace in Vienna, Austria located in the district of Innere Stadt. It was owned by the Kohary branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
Palais Coburg was designed in 1839 by the architect Karl Schleps in neoclassical style and built from 1840 to 1845 by Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha on top of the Braunbastei (Brown Bastion), a part of the defenses of the city of Vienna dating back to 1555. It is nicknamed Spargelburg ("asparagus castle") due to its central portico with many self-supporting columns.
His last private owner was Sarah Aurelia Halasz, a morganatic widow of a prince who lived there with his family. The owners sold the building in the 1970s and today it is a luxurious five-star boutique hotel after numerous renovations. The sumptuous hotel has 33 suites and was the home of the historic Iranian nuclear agreement reached on 14 July 2015.
Luxurious and comfortable rooms and suites, a renowned restaurant awarded with 2 Michelin stars led by chef Silvio Nickol, one of the most well-stocked wineries in Europe with fine wines, a spa with swimming pool and an inner garden where you can relax in the very center of Vienna, few steps from the major attractions of the city.