Palais Leitenberger History
The Palais Leitenberger was built in 1871/72 in Vienna on behalf of Freiherr Friedrich Franz Josef von Leitenberger (1837-1899), honorary president of the Association of cotton industrialists, at the Ringstrasse Palace 1, Parkring 16, at the corner of Himmelpfortgasse . The architect was Ludwig Zettl. It is one of the last original buildings from the period of historicism.
After the Second World War, the building was used as an office and commercial building, but over the decades it became worse and worse. The star parquet floors were rotten, the solid wood doors were painted, the paintings were painted on them. In the 1980s it was almost empty.
In the years 1991-1993, the Leitenberger palace was restored during the restoration work by the new Radisson SAS tenant faithful to the original and structurally connected to the nearby Henckel Palace in Donnersmarck. Until 2013 there was a hotel in the two buildings. Since then, the owner has rebuilt the two buildings; from 2015 onwards, they should include a luxury hotel and luxury apartments.