Palazzo Pisani Moretta

Sestiere San Polo, 2766 - 30125 Venezia - Venice   see map - Contact
Palazzo Pisani Moretta is located in Venice overlooking the Grand Canal between the Rialto bridge and Ca 'Foscari. Erected by the Brembo family in the fifteenth century in flowery Gothic style, it has undergone various changes and restorations since the sixteenth century until it reached its present appearance in the eighteenth century. It houses works by major Venetian artists of the 1700s such as Giambattista Tiepolo, Giuseppe Angeli, Jacopo Guarana and Gaspare Diziani.

Palazzo Pisani Moretta History


Palazzo Pisani Moretta is located in Venice, in the Sestiere di San Polo overlooking the Grand Canal, between Palazzo Tiepolo and Palazzo Barbarigo della Terrazza.
Built in the second half of the fifteenth century by the Bembo family, although it has undergone numerous alterations between the 16th and 18th centuries, the splendid orders of exhausts designed on the model of the Palazzo Ducale.
The palace was sold to Francesco Pisani Moretta in 1629, the first member of the family of the same name derived from the union of the Pisans with the Almorò family (name later crippled in Moretta). In 1737 the palace passed to his daughter Chiara who had extensive renovations done, knocking down the external Gothic staircase in the courtyard to make doors to the internal staircase that leads to the porch transformed into a ballroom; also the interior decoration is renewed with the interventions of Jacopo Guarana and the fresco "The meeting between Venus and Mars" by Giambattista Tiepolo of 1743 in a room on the main floor. In 1745 is added the painting by Giambattista Piazzetta "The death of Darius", now in Ca 'Rezzonico that flanked the famous painting by Paolo Veronese "The family of Darius before Alexander", sold at the National Gallery in London by one of the last descendants .
In 1847 the palace passed to the Giusti family, still owner, and thanks to the restorations carried out in the last decade has regained part of the splendor that in past centuries was admired by illustrious visitors from all over the European scene, like Giuseppina di Beauharnais and Joseph II of Austria.
Palazzo Pisani Moretta is famous for the commercials that have seen him protagonist in recent years, but above all to still host sumptuous masked balls on the occasion of the Venice Carnival as for example the Ballo del Doge, an artistic event, a social event, an unforgettable experience that unites people from all over the world. A production that transcends the simple party to become an international happening, lived by celebrities and all those who are hunting for dreams.

Palazzo Pisani Moretta

Time period
  • 1400s
Where
  • Italy, Venice
Contact this facility

Do you want know more about this facility? Fill out this form and you will be contacted soon. Please enter a vaild email address.

Palazzo Pisani Moretta
  Sestiere San Polo, 2766 - 30125 Venezia
  +39 041 5205227
  www.pisanimoretta.com

Palazzo Pisani Moretta
Offered services

Location for Ceremonies and Conferences Location for Ceremonies and Conferences
Is this your facility? Contact Us