Villa Cigolotti is a splendid eighteenth-century villa with the characteristics of a residential house located in an uncontaminated area full of charm that combines the ancient with the natural beauty of the landscape.
Villa Cigolotti History
The Cigolotti family, originally from Trentino, moved to Montereale in the first half of the 18th century, where it activated a timber trade in collaboration with the Correr family of S. Fosca. During the eighteenth century the Cigolotti bought some land in Basaldella thus determining the construction of the Villa that began in 1740. In some documents of 1740 deposited in the Historical Archive, we read in fact that "M. Carlo Carlo Lepori Mason of S. Stefano of Campestro in Milanese, now working in this care and working in the Basaldella shipyard ". In the following decades the villa passed into the hands of various owners and after having been in a state of serious abandonment for a long period, in 1997 the Villa was the object of a careful structural intervention that allowed the recovery of this local historical and artistic heritage.
Today the Villa, completely restored, is used as a tourist-hotel reception and catering, offering 55 beds in double rooms, junior suites and suites, furnished in period style, restaurant rooms, meeting rooms and park. The entire complex is surrounded by a natural park and the whole is enclosed by a rectangular perimeter wall. Of considerable value, inside the villa, the Venetian granulated flooring, among the most beautiful of their kind.
Villa Cigolotti is the ideal starting point for pleasant excursions, being located in a strategic position in the so-called Magredi area, a spectacular natural scenery placed at the confluence of important waterways that have characterized the landscape since ancient times.