(last update: May 2018)
Our rules and information on privacy (also pursuant to and for the effects of EU Regulation 679/2016 on the protection of personal data and any other applicable national and / or Community provisions and / or regulations) disclose which information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it.
We have tried to provide very simple explanations. However, if the user is not familiar with terms such as cookies, IP addresses, web beacons and browsers, we advise them to familiarise themselves with these key terms. Users’ privacy is important for Histouring.com: take some time to learn about our policies and consult this page if you have any questions.
What we do – Which data is collected and processed
Histouring.com collects and provides information relating to "structures" (hotels, restaurants, public historic establishments, historical brands, means of transport, museums, libraries, clubs, etc.) present on the site, also indicating the services offered by the structure, if any).
Histouring.com allows its visitors (as well as the structures) to register on the site and collects and processes personal data referable to them (the "data").
The data collected and processed by Histouring.com is data provided directly by the user, or Public domain data published by the user (or by the structure) on the web or collected by third parties (again available to the public).
Upon registration, you will be asked to provide your name, address and e-mail address.
Registration allows visitors to create a user account, through which they can save their personal settings and leave reviews.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, the browser you are using, and information about your computer's operating system, language settings and pages you have visited. If you use a mobile device, we may also collect information on your phone.
If you are the owner and / or the manager of the structure, in order to register we may ask you some information about you and its structure (such as, for example, the name of the structure, the address, the phone number, the e-mail address, the website, some historical information, anecdotes and curiosities about the structure, the services offered by the structure, as well as images and videos related to the structure).
Histouring.com collects and uses the data for the following purposes:
- First of all, as already indicated above, Histouring.com collects some data relating to the structures for their publication on its website.
- Customer service: we provide customer service. We share your data with the customer support staff to ensure a quick response in case of need and to respond to your requests for information.
- Review: we may use your contact information to invite you to leave a review. In this way you can help other travellers to choose the most suitable accommodation.
- Account management: on our website we offer the possibility to create a user account. The information you provide us allows us to manage this feature, and for you to leave reviews, take advantage of special offers and set your preferences.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by applicable laws. For example, when you create a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about products and services related to the world of cultural tourism. Our users also receive regular newsletters by e-mail. You can decline processing for these purposes, or you can decide not to receive marketing communications or completely deactivate the option.
- Other communications: on some occasions we may contact you by e-mail. This could happen for several reasons:
- in case we need to manage and respond to your request;
- when you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or an invitation to provide feedback on your experience with Histouring.com.
- Fraud prevention and detection: we may use your personal information to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal or unwanted activity.
- Safeguarding and protection of the Histouring.com portal: for the management of complaints and the protection of a legitimate interest of Histouring.com and / or third parties (e.g. in the case of disputes).
- Improve our services: we use personal information for the purpose of analysis, to improve our services, the user experience and the functionality and quality of our service.
Histouring.com does not collect or process particular categories of personal data (e.g. regarding ethnic or racial origin, regarding religious or political beliefs etc.).
On what legal basis we treat data
We will treat your data only where permitted by applicable legal provisions. In particular, we will treat your data on the following basis:
- Consent: we will only process certain data in the presence of your preliminary, free and express consent. You will have the right to revoke the consent given at any time with effect for the future.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: we may process certain data to ensure compliance of Histouring.com with certain regulations.
- Safeguarding legitimate interests: Histouring.com will process certain Data in order to protect its interests, i.e. the interests of third parties. This, however, only applies if, in the specific case, your interests do not prevail.
We use social media to promote the facilities on our site and to advertise, improve and simplify our services.
Histouring.com is present on different social media through different accounts. These social media services may allow you to share information with Histouring.com.
Sharing information with third parties
In some cases, we may share your personal information with third parties, to the extent that this is necessary or appropriate for the purposes set out above, or under any legal or authority obligation.
- Third parties providing services: in some cases, we may use third-party service providers to manage your personal information on our behalf for the purposes outlined above. We may use suppliers and managers of IT services, communication networks and security and security systems. We may use a service provider for the sharing of data collected by us, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. We may also work with third-party companies that deal with advertising the structures and services on other platforms, or with third-party companies that offer analysis services. These third parties, operating in any of these services, will not be allowed to use your personal information for purposes other than those described above.
- Competent authorities: we may share your personal data with law enforcement agencies, government authorities or in investigative cases provided by law or if strictly necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute any criminal acts and fraud.
Data is not processed in countries outside the European Union. If, in the context of processing data, your data should be processed in countries outside the European Union, Histouring.com will ensure that your data is processed in accordance with European data protection standards.
After your registration, you will have the possibility to leave reviews on the structures present in the portal and which you will declare to have visited. When you provide a review, you agree that it is displayed (as described in our Terms), for example: on the page of the structure on our site and on our social media accounts, in order to inform other travellers about the quality and services of the structure in which you have stayed.
Cookies and web beacons
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website deposits in the browser of your computer or mobile device. This paragraph refers to all cookies and similar technologies (from this moment on, all defined as "cookies"). Cookies allow the website to recognize a user's browser, and are therefore mainly used to remember your choices, for example the language and currency you have set, and to recognize you on your next visit.
There are various types of cookies and different ways to use them. Cookies are distinguished based on their function, their duration and depending on who placed them on a website.
Histouring.com uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: to offer users an intuitive website, which automatically adapts to their needs, we use technical cookies. These are essential for the optimal functioning of our site and allow you to view our website, to make it work properly, to create your account, to login and review.
- Functional cookies: we use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use the website effectively and efficiently, for example by storing the language you prefer, your searches and the structures you have previously viewed. Functional cookies are
not essential for the operation of the website, but add functionality and improve the experience.
- Analytical cookies: we use analytical cookies to better understand how our visitors use the website, to understand what works or what does not, to optimize and improve the site and to make sure that the site is always interesting and relevant. The data we obtain includes the web pages visited, the exit and entry pages, the type of platform, date and time information and data such as the number of clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling, word search and the text inserted during the use of the site. We use analytical cookies also in the context of our online advertising campaigns, to understand how users interact with our site after viewing an online advertisement, including advertising on third-party sites. In any case, we will not know who you are: the data we obtain is anonymous.
Third-party profiling cookies: Histouring.com uses third-party cookies: in particular the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Histouring.com can also use third-party service providers for analysis purposes. To provide their services, these companies need to insert cookies. The suppliers we use are committed to spreading awareness among consumers and establishing practices and standards for responsible business and data management.
From the settings of your browser you can decide which cookies you want to accept and which you do not. How to find these settings varies depending on the browser used.
If you decide not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to properly use certain features of our site. In any case, the "Do Not Track" feature offered by some browsers (called "Do not track", "Do not make any tracking" or anything else depending on the type of browser) may not work on our site.
Histouring.com does not use web beacons.
Data subjects’ rights
In the cases expressly provided for by the applicable provisions on the protection of personal data, you may exercise the rights provided by the General Regulation on Data Protection of the European Union 679/2016, and in particular:
- request confirmation that the data is being processed and, in this case, ask the data controller to access the information related to the processing;
- request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete data;
- ask the holder to delete the Data;
- ask treatment limitation;
- request to receive, in a common and device-readable format, the data concerning you or to obtain transmission to another holder, where technically feasible;
- withdraw at any time the consent given to the processing of the Data, notwithstanding that such revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent given prior to the revocation.
You also have the right to object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of data concerning you.
To exercise the above rights and verify your data at any time, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To cancel your data you can send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
How long we conserve the Data
We will keep your data for the time necessary to process it for the purposes for which it is processed - and it will be deleted when the purposes for which it was collected cease to exist.
In accordance with applicable laws and international best practices, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent personal data from being consulted or used improperly or without authorization.
To protect and safeguard the personal data you provide us, we use appropriate procedures and systems of work. Access to personal information is permitted only to authorized personnel and can only take place in the course of their work.
The services offered by Histouring.com are not intended for minors under the age of 18. The use of our services must take place with the consent of a parent or guardian. If we receive information regarding a minor under 18, we reserve the right to cancel it.
When these privacy policies apply
Our privacy policies apply to all services offered by Histouring.com and are an integral part of the terms of Histouring.com.
Data controller - Contacts
You can cancel your user account at any time by logging in through the Histouring.com website and choosing to cancel the account.
The owner of Histouring.com is the owner and responsible for the management of personal data for the site. For any suggestions or comments regarding this document, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org