Son of Mariano Coppedè and Antonietta Bizzarri, brother of Adolfo Coppedè (also an architect, to whom we owe the other to the Castelllo Cova of Milan), was an eclectic artist, he developed an ornamental style that coincided, in the choice of some motifs, with the most immediate characters of the Art Nouveau style.
He studied at the Pious Schools and the Professional School of Industrial Decorative Arts in Florence obtaining the Diploma. Between 1885 and 1890 he worked in his father's workshop, achieving full mastery of the art of carving coming in contact with some Tuscan architects of the time. In 1889 he married Beatrice Romanelli, daughter of the sculptor Pasquale Romanelli from whom he had 3 daughters, Anna (1890), Matilde (1892) and Margherita (1897).
In 1891 he enrolled at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence and graduated as a professor of architectural design to "unanimity of votes and applause". He teaches at the Royal Puccini Orphanage in Pistoia collaborating with some foundries of the same city.
He was called to Genoa by Evan Mackenzie for the design and construction of the castle of the same name (1890), which will be his first major success. He moved to the Ligurian capital with his family and, thanks to Mackenzie, he obtained numerous positions and held several times the role of member in the Municipal Commission, of the Commission for the reorganization of the Regulatory Plans.
He is named "Academic of Merit" of the Ligustica Academy and, later, "Academic of the Academies of Perugia and Urbino" and Engineer of the Royal School of Applications for Engineers of Rome. In June 1917 he obtained the Decree of free teaching in General Architecture at the Royal University of Pisa.
In 1919 he worked in various buildings in Rome, which would constitute the complex of buildings known as Quartiere Coppedè, and in other buildings in Messina under the patronage of the banking firm Fratelli Cerruti of Genoa. Starting from this year he collaborates with the brothers for the furnishing of some steamers of Lloyd Sabaudol and of the Couslich Società Triestina di Navigazione.
In 1920, on April 6, his wife Mariano Coppedè died in Genoa and on December 20; Gino, together with his brother Adolfo Coppedè, takes over the direction of "La casa Artistica". Between 1920 and 1921 he collaborated with Ing. Ugolotti to the drafting of the project for the movement of the Roma Termini Station.
In 1921, a project on Lake Como, where he stayed in Lierna, together with his brother Adolfo, the castle called Villa La Gaeta, which was the location of the film James Bond.
In 1924 the construction of the new castle of the Marquis de la Motilla in Seville began. In 1926 he was appointed resident Professor "emeritus" of the Academy of Design Arts in Florence.
He died on 20 September 1927 in Rome suffering from pulmonary gangrene following complications that occurred after an operation. He is buried in Florence, in the cemetery of San Miniato, in the family tomb.