The Valmarana (or "di Valmarana") are an aristocratic family from Vicenza, ascribed to the Venetian patriciate and counted among the so-called Houses made for money.
According to legend, descendants of the Roman gens Maria took the name from Valmarana, a small town in the Berici hills that were fiefdom by the bishop of Vicenza. In 1031 the emperor Conrad II granted them the title of accounts.
On 30 April 1540, with a special diploma, were created palatine accounts of Nogara by Emperor Charles V. The title was also recognized by the Venetian government. In 1658, the branch represented by the brothers Triffone, Stefano and Benedetto Valmarana was aggregated to the Venetian patriciate behind the payment of one hundred thousand ducats to be used in the war of Candia. Another line, although not taken up in the Venetian aristocracy, continued to sit in the noble Council of Vicenza. Under the Kingdom of Lombardy-Veneto both branches received the recognition of the nobility and the rank of count from the Austrian Empire (SS RR 18 December 1817, 28 August 1819, 11 March 1820 and 13 May 1825)