The Barchessa of Villa Bressa Loredan called il Palazzon is a barchessa built in the 16th century surrounded by the vineyards of Volpago del Montello, an area known for centuries for the quality of its wines.
Barchessa Loredan History
The Barchessa Loredan winery is located in Selva del Montello, inside the Palladian Barchessa of the sixteenth century. originally part of a large complex including a large Venetian villa destroyed in 1840 by the then owners Scondella.
The imposing Barchessa remains of the original complex. with the entrance gates and part of the surrounding wall.
At the beginning of the eighteenth century it became property of Pietro Marcello, who had it restored by Giorgio Massari, transforming the residence into a humanistic center, hosting and men of letters and artists of the Serenissima Republic, including the bishop of Treviso, Giustinian.
The building consists of nine arches with a volute key and framed by Doric pilasters in support of a molded entablature, which extend over the entire ground floor, turning with a single span.
Above the portico stands the first floor, with a very large attic, perfectly restored in which the most significant memories of the Loredan family are preserved, to whom the last recovery is due.
It produces and markets its wines directly from D.O.C. Montello and D.O.C.G. Asolo. The farm covers an area of 50 hectares planted with vineyards.