Padernello Castle is a castle dating back to the 15th century in Padernello, an ancient village near Borgo San Giacomo, in the Brescia plain
Castello di Padernello History
The construction of the castle was carried out by the Martinengo family, a branch of the Counts of Padernello also called "della Fabbrica", until 1834, developed over the centuries to transform, during the eighteenth century, into a stately villa, taking the form we admire today; in the nineteenth century the Castle passed to the noble Salvadego family, of Venetian origin.
The structure has undergone significant changes over time. In the 18th century the castle underwent an important architectural and functional renewal.
In 1912 it was defined of high architectural value and of national interest by the Ministry of Education; later, as it was no longer inhabited, the Castle was covered with brambles, exposed to looting and human neglect until a handful of visionaries, the Friends of the Castle, who in the eighties restored the old posteria - grocery store, now become the "Osteria Aquila Rossa" -, began to take care of the manor and to enhance the village of Padernello.