Schloss Neuwartenburg on a property near Timelkam and Vöcklabruck in Upper Austria. Perfect location for weddings, baptisms, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate parties, concerts and exhibitions, the Schloss Neuwartenburg offers an unforgettable scenery and a professional staff to plan every event.
Schloss Neuwartenburg History
The rule of the Pollheimer Wartenburg is already documented in 1319. Their original seat of power was the Wartenburg castle, at the southern feet of the Hausrucks on the Vöckla, and from 1639 to the north of it stood the Alt-Wartenburg castle, both now expired.
Schloss Neuwartenburg was built by order of Count Johann Albert Saint-Julien-Wallsee (1673-1766) by the Viennese architect Anton Erhard Martinelli between 1730 and 1732. Count Wallsee had acquired the rule in 1729 from the Nütz von Goisernburg from 1640. He had the emperor Charles VI. For 3 days he was invited to a hawk hunt and wanted to offer him suitable accommodation. Already in 1754 he had to resell the property due to debts. About the Ghelen family arrived in 1766 to the nobles of Grechtler, in 1785 to Thaddäus von Reischach and in 1847 to Ludwig Ratzesberg until when Albert Count of Saint-Julien 1869 succeeded in bringing back to the ownership of the family. The last heir of the Saint-Julien family adopted Countess Elisabeth von Strachwitz; since 1973 the castle belongs to Count Strachwitz.