The New Casino of Campione is the largest company of Campione d'Italia, the Italian exclave in the Swiss canton of Ticino, on the coast of Lake Lugano. The casino was founded in 1917, opened in 1933, is owned by the Italian Government and is managed by the municipality. The casino offers roulette, Chemin de fer, baccarat, blackjack, poker, and slot machines.
Casinò di Campione History
In 1917, in the middle of the World War, the Casinó Municipale di Campione d'Italia was opened to disguise an espionage activity. The extra-territoriality and the frivolous climate favored the meetings of the high bureaucracy and the passages of particularly reserved information. The structure was designed by the architect Amerigo Marazzi, while the painter Girolamo Romeo was the author of the interior decorations.
The vintage images of the halls of the game rooms and the restaurant bring back the atmosphere of the "Belle Epoque". On July 19, 1919, just two years into the activity, the Casinó closed its doors to reopen on March 2, 1933.
Since then the Casino has become a powerful economic engine, equipped for culture (here they were held by the Journalism Awards at the Silver Mask) and events related to the world of entertainment.
The Casinó Campione d'Italia is reconfirmed year after year as a favorite destination for VIPs and intellectuals, international stars, fashion shows and concerts ranging from light music to jazz and rock.