The Zsigmondy-Comici refuge (German Zsigmondy-Comici-Hütte) is a Dolomite alpine hut located at 2,224 meters above sea level in the Sesto Dolomites, in the municipality of Sesto, in the province of Bolzan within the Sesto Dolomites nature park.
Rifugio Zsigmondy-Comici History
The alpine hut is named after the famous climbers Emil Zsigmondy and Emilio Comici. It was built by the Austrian Alpenverein and during the time of fascism, the building took the name of Rifugio Benito Mussolini. It was destroyed during the First World War and then rebuilt in 1928, and subsequently restored in 1984.
Rifugio Zsigmondy-Comici has 88 beds and is an excellent starting point for excursions and climbs to the climbs of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, to the Popera and to the Croda dei Toni group. It is also very popular with Italian and foreign climbers for the "Strada degli Alpini", a beautiful aerial path created by the CAI section of Padua, inaugurated in 1932 on the occasion of its 25th anniversary of its foundation.