The Castello di Malaspina is a place full of history, housed in a complex with underground galleries. It offers elegant rooms decorated with antique furniture and a common room with a pool table. It is also possible to ask the owners for a guided tour through the various rooms of the property and the galleries or relax in the garden.
Castello Malaspina di Gambaro History
The Malaspina Castle of Gambaro was built by Ghisello, son of the Marquis Pietro, to whom this part of the family patrimony was touched. In 1520 Ghisello was murdered by his relatives in this castle. The Malaspina received the feudal investiture of Torrio and Noceto in 1423 and this fief was later said of the Edifices, from the name of the locality near Gambaro.
The building was recovered by its successors and maintained its property until the extinction of this branch of the family in 1624, then passed to the duchy Farnesina and later to the Landi of Rivalta. The latter, around 1785, sold the castle to the Genoese family of Bacigalupi who owned it until the 1930s. The structure during the Napoleonic domination was also home to the "mairie".
In the twentieth century the castle passed into the hands of several owners, becoming first a school and then a farm. Finally, from the sixties, it was abandoned going to a progressive degradation and becoming uninhabitable because of the precariousness of the structure, until in 1985 the ministry's protection bond was placed. In the 90s, thanks to the arrival of the new owners and the subsequent restoration work, the castle returned to its former glory, becoming a magnificent residential and welcoming place.
Inside the castle walls, on the main floor, there are 5 rooms available for rent with the formula of the room and breakfast: spacious and spacious, they are furnished with elegant and refined style and each has the most modern comfort services.
The wing on the ground floor is instead offered to be the elegant setting for weddings, private parties and receptions, in an environment furnished in harmony with the building but equipped with every service necessary for the perfect outcome of the events.