The English Pharmacy Profumeria is among the most prestigious historical places in the city, which has also become a fixed stop for tourist tours. Founded at the beginning of 1843 by the Englishman Henry Roberts, it is now housed in the modern headquarters of Via de 'Ginori, but the old headquarters, located in the neighboring via Tornabuoni, still features the luxurious furniture of 150 years ago, with fine mahogany, chandeliers in wrought iron and its unaltered charm.
Profumeria Farmacia Inglese History
The English Pharmacy Profumery owes its foundation to the English pharmacist Henry Roberts, who in 1843 started the business in the historic center, in via Tornabuoni, where they could be found from prestigious perfumes to branded liqueurs. Here Roberts created a product that began to spread worldwide: a powder based on talc and boric acid packaged in a green jar. So the talcum powder was born.
The pharmacy is a few years ago moved to Via de 'Ginori, but in the first, the original, it is still possible to observe the unaltered charm of the furniture in mahogany, the lamps in alabaster and wrought iron, and golden inscriptions to the windows , reflecting the taste and refinement of an era, making sure that the perfumery was accepted by the City of Florence among the 57 historic shops considered "untouchable" and protected by the Ministry of Fine Arts.
Housed today in a more modern location, the English Perfumery continues to represent a point of reference for the sale of the most prestigious brands specialized in body care and beauty, with exclusive Italian, French, English, Swiss and Japanese products.