The eighteenth-century furnishings of the Navarra pharmacy are kept in one of the refectories of the cloister of S. Maria delle Grazie, seat of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Ferrara.
Farmacia Navarra History
The activity of Navarra Pharmacy began in 1738, in Piazza della Pace, now Corso Martiri della Libertà.
Always considered by Ferraresi an integral part of the history of the city, traditional meeting point between local doctors and pharmacists, it enjoyed great fame for its preparations, required throughout the kingdom
The furnishings were donated to the Faculty of Pharmacy in 1977 by the then owner Alessandro Bragliani about to sell the rights of the pharmacy. The current state of this real jewel is the result of a restoration that took place in the mid-90s of the last century.
In the refectory of the cloister S. Maria delle Grazie in via Fossato di Mortara, which houses the eighteenth-century furnishings of the Navarra Pharmacy, in a combination that links profession and research, scientific instruments of historical value are collected today, which come from the Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and from the Mario Guarneri Collection, a distinguished teacher who in the second half of the twentieth century gave great impetus to the pharmaceutical chemistry of Ferrara. In addition to the numerous instruments, the beautiful frescoed ceiling, the period night bell (today, obviously no longer used), reproductions of some Ferrarese graffiti ceramics of the XVI-XVII century and the historic sign above the entrance are still visible.
The pharmacy is part of the SMA - University Museum System, and is open to scholars and school groups by appointment by sending a request by email