Founded in the 1920s, it is considered the "temple of Bolognese cuisine". The purely Petronian cuisine is however open to the best of other kitchens, reinterpreting some dishes in a Bolognese key. The decor and atmosphere are those of the 1950s. Among the traditional first courses the more traditional fresh pastas including tortellini, tortelloni, lasagna, tagliatelle; among the second courses the typical roasts and boiled meats, the mixed fried Bolognese and first fruits such as porcini mushrooms and truffles.
Ristorante Diana History
For over a century the Diana Restaurant has been the undisputed temple of good Bolognese cuisine and an expression of the typical Emilian hospitality. It is in fact 1909 when a welcoming café opens its doors at number 24 of Via Indipendenza, which spread its tables outside the same street and the adjacent Via Volturno, where it is still pleasant to stop today, especially in summer, in the cool of a welcoming outdoor area.
The real turning point came when the Cavaliere del Lavoro Ivo Galletti, one of the founders of Salumificio Alcisa, took over the Diana Restaurant, entrusting it to the competent care of the Partner Eros Palmirani, Director of the dining room, and of the Chef Mauro Fabbri, who, still today, the noble culinary tradition and the serene atmosphere of the interiors remain unchanged.
At the Diana's table the King of Belgium ate; Gazzoni and Montezemolo; and Spadolini; Indro Montanelli and Giorgio Guazzaloca; Vittorio and Alessandro Gassman, Marcello Mastroianni, Patty Smith, Lucio Dalla, becoming a real city institution over the course of its 110 years.