Villa Widmann Borletti or Dominio di Bagnoli is one of the most important monumental complexes in Veneto, now a national monument, including: Villa, Church, Stables, Carpenters, Cellars, Granaries, Magazzini, Corti, Broli and even an ancient Piccionaia. Villa Widmann-Borletti is one of the main Venetian villas: the constant commitment of the Borletti family, current owners since 1917, has allowed us to preserve and above all enhance this historical and artistic heritage. For a pleasant relaxing stay, immersed in the peace and tranquility of the vineyards, there are 3 apartments available, rented only a week, with accommodation from Saturday to Saturday. It is advised to book well in advance.
Villa Widmann Borletti History
The first document concerning this locality dates back to 954, when the monastery of Brendolo was founded, which also included the court of Bagnolo with woods and mills and which was an important religious and economic unit for the reclamation of extensive marshy plagues.
The monastic complex had a flourishing existence for its many appurtenances in property and for the cultivation of wines and grains; but in 1655 the entire court of Santo Spirito di Bagnoli was auctioned by Pope Alexander VII to subsidize the Republic of Venice then engaged in the war of Candia against the Turks.
The ownership of over 5,000 camps then passed to Lodovico Widmann, whose family of Austrian origins had moved to Venice a century earlier; he undertook the construction of a grand palace designed by Baldassarre Longhena.
The complex has a central body, a barchessa, lodges and adjacencies that still give the idea of the vastness of the "dominion of Bagnoli", as the property of the Widmanns continued to call it. On the main floor are preserved frescoes of mythological subjects or figurations of Goldonian comedies, attributed to Domenico Pastò; on the third floor there are landscape views.
An artistic appeal is also given by the Italian garden in front of the villa, populated among hedges of life-size statues made in 1742 by the Paduan Antonio Bonazza. The two characters are colloquial postures and are coupled two by two: Moors, soldiers, Orientals, Gentlemen, Divinities; the most beautiful statues represent figures of the time, carried on stone with graceful humorous expression. As a whole, they appear to appear in stone in an open theater that was frequented several times by Carlo Goldoni; the playwright was repeatedly hosted in Bagnoli to recite short canvases or entire comedies; Count Lodovico Widmann dedicated the "Bottega del caffè" and in the "Memoires" and "Burchiello" he often quotes the estate, saying among other things that "in Bagnoli if he enjoys and if not pay", referring to the happy brigades of friends they usually resided in the guest quarters of the villa. Among the other illustrious guests received by the Widmanns are the cardinal Gregorio Barbarigo and Carlo Rezzonico, who later became Pope Clement XIII.
The complex, with its wide spaces, is ideal for hosting conferences, meetings, weddings and events of all kinds: two carefully restored large 1500s barns are offered as a venue for large receptions for up to 600 people, the Granary of the Madonna delle Messi does the same with its 1,000 square meters of space; the Cellars and the Hague welcome visitors in the ancient atmosphere of the old barrels and is perfect for tastings and cocktails; outside in addition to the garden we find the Theater of Verzure, ideal for receptions up to 100 people, in a magical atmosphere surrounded by statues.
The Dominio di Bagnoli offers the opportunity to land directly on their land. In 2009, an Airfield in S Ambrogio was built, with a grass track of 1200 x 30 m, for ultralight aircraft and AG up to 5700 kg in weight.
Track center coordinates: N 45 ° 11'04 '' E 11 ° 51 '27' '
Landing permission is required to land. Landing permits must be requested from the Manager at the Domain office. By prior arrangement, the Widmann Villa Borletti can be quickly reached from the runway via a shuttle service.