On the foundations of an ancient monastery, Castello di Lispida offers an indoor pool and accommodation surrounded by nature. Equipped with its own wine cellar, it is the ideal place for receptions or relaxing stays
Castello di Lispida History
The Castello di Lispida rises in a quiet position inside the regional park of the Euganean Hills.
The current structure located at the foot of the hill of Lispida is the result of the overlapping of several buildings. In 1150 Pope Eugene III gave the monastic order of Sant'Agostino possession of the hill and of a church dedicated to St. Mary of Ispida.
The place that has always been ideal for the cultivation of life and the olive tree, however, makes it possible that in 1485 the Doge of the Republic of Venice Giovanni Mocenigo confiscated the property to the monks to make the wine production profitable.
The monastic history was interrupted in 1792, when the Corinaldi counts acquire the property by equipping it with imposing cellars and beginning a production of prestigious wines.
It is possible to walk through the lavishly decorated and carefully restored rooms through the study that was by Vittorio Emanuele III, when during the First World War the structure was the King's headquarters. In February 1918, in fact, after a few months from the defeat of Caporetto, King Vittorio Emanuele III ° moved to the Padua area together with the whole of the General Staff to be able to follow closely the military operations. After two having stayed in two other residences, the Royal Family moved to the castle of Lispida. It was here that the first meeting between the two adolescent princes Umberto II and Maria Josè of Belgium took place, destined to enter history as the last sovereigns of Italy.
Hospitality in the structure is offered both inside the main villa and in the various annexed buildings, such as the tower, the portico and the former granary; in the large garden there is a swimming pool, while the vineyard and the forest with a thermal pond complete the complex.