Dating back over 400 years, Hotel Stefanie welcomes its guests in Vienna's oldest hotel, 300 meters from Schwedenplatz Metro Station. Accommodation equipped with every comfort, with some rooms also offering a view of the internal garden. There are also other services, including another restaurant with a garden, the Stefanie bar and a garage. Located in the center of Vienna, the traditional Hotel Stefanie is the ideal starting point for discovering the city and is only a few minutes away from St. Stephen's Cathedral.
Hotel Stefanie History
Hotel Stefanie in the 2nd district of Vienna offers a very traditional building: With a history of over 400 years, this is the oldest hotel in the city, and its roots go back to the year 1600. Its history still today lively is felt in the corridors and in the rooms of the traditional business in Taborstraße. In particular, the Austro-Hungarian monarchy left its elegant and imperial traces in the environment and in the equipment of the house.
Princess Stefanie of Belgium has been the patroness of the hotel since 1881, which until then was known as "Hotel Weiße Rose" ("Hotel Rosa Bianca"), and 130 years ago the 4-star hotel became the property of the Schick family, the first of the now five privately run Schick Hotels in Vienna.
At the hotel's Stefanie restaurant you can enjoy the best of famous Viennese cuisine in an elegant imperial setting. Vienna's first-class cuisine convinces with regional, seasonal and high-quality products and exceptional service.