An ancient medieval mill renovated to make guests live the rural environments of the past without renouncing modern comforts.
Molino del Cantaro History
It rises in Campoliano Basso and is at the same time a stone mill and a farmhouse.
Built in the 11th century and owned by the Cathedral of Rieti, Molino del Cantaro was one of the first buildings to be found on the Rio Cantaro,. During the mid-eighteenth century the mill was incorporated into a villa of considerable size, the current Villa Mari.
In fact, in 1915 the Mari family purchased the entire structure, which continued its activity until the 1950s.
Now the mill is part of the Molino del Cantaro farm and farmhouse, which extends for 60 hectares in the Santa Reatina Valley, inside the Long and Ripasottile Lakes Nature Reserve.
Dominated by Mount Terminillo, it is a farmhouse: for this reason the existing structures have been restored and made the object of a conservative restoration, so that guests can stay overnight in rural environments without sacrificing comfort.
In front of the mill, in fact, there is an apartment where guests can stay: it has a double bedroom with 2 beds, a living room with fridge and a bathroom.