The club was established in the spring of 1836 by the marquis Stefano Giustiniani and 44 other notables belonging to the city's pro-Savoy aristocracy (which had remained independent until 1815).
Societa' Del Casino Genova History
The Societa 'Del Casino is a gentlemen's club founded in 1836 by the Marquis Stefano Giustiniani and forty-four other notables belonging to the pro-Sabaudella aristocracy in the city.
It was located until 1845 in Palazzo Lercari-Parodi, in Strada Nuova.
The partnership is now based in Palazzo Lomellini-Doria Lamba.
The current headquarters of the club, Palazzo Lomellini-Doria Lamba, one of the palaces of the Rolli of Genoa, is located in Via Cairoli n. 18.
The palace was built in the 16th century for Stefano Lomellini and was remodeled and enlarged by Arch. Gregorio Petondi on the occasion of the tracing of Strada NUOVOissima (today Via Cairoli), in 1776. The palace is now owned by the Doria Lamba family, descendants of the Lamba Doria who triumphed over the battle of Korcula against the Venetians in 1298.
The club still today mainly groups the large families of the Genoese nobility and currently has 336 members.