The Foffani farm in Clauiano, in eastern Friuli, belongs to the family since 1600, with wine production documented since 1789.
Azienda Agricola Foffani History
The farm dates back to the early 1500s, which has always been inhabited by the Calligaris family, as evidenced by documents dated 1608 and 1687. The complex is an example of rural and bourgeois architecture, historically intended as a farm and in particular for the production of wine with wine production documented in 1789.
After the Second World War, it was the first seat of the German and then the American command. In recent decades, Giovanni Foffani, having become the sole owner, has concentrated his activity in the cultivation of the 10 hectare vineyard, located continuously in the garden, and in the production of high quality bottled wine, well valued by the industry guides and sold in Italy, in Europe and all over the world.
The historical residence Foffani-Calligaris and the village of Clauiano, among the most beautiful medieval villages in Italy, frame the spaces and activities of the company.
Inside the Foffani Winery is the B&B Casa Antica dei Mosaici, housed in the turret of the old manor house. Two double bedrooms with bathroom, a small kitchen and a room with a bay window overlooking the garden on the ground floor, where breakfast is served.