The complex of the Hermitage of the Camaldoli is a monumental historical complex of Naples founded in 1585 which stands on the Camaldoli hill.
Eremo SS. Salvatore Camaldoli History
The hermitage of SS. Salvatore was founded in 1585 on a hill from which you can enjoy a beautiful panorama of Naples and its gulf. For 400 years, it has been home to the worthy Camaldolese monks, founded by San Romualdo, who with their holy and hermit life and have given the place an ascetic and mystical imprint that continues to attract men, women and above all young people today in search of the sacred. The monastic complex reflects the canons of the sixteenth-century architecture of the late Campania Renaissance.
The Baroque church has paintings and frescoes by important painters from the 1600s: Luca Giordano, Massimo Stanzione, Andrea Mozzilli and Federico Barocci. The Church is open to public worship and the Sisters invite all those who wish to participate with them at Mass, the prayer of the hours (Divine Office), Eucharistic Adoration and moments of spiritual encounters.
They welcome all year round and host individuals and groups of all ages, nationalities and confessions with the main purpose of creating a cultural and spiritual center.
In addition to the ancient main guesthouse, with large rooms overlooking the Belvedere, there are also 16 cells and the gardens of the monks, which internally restored offer those who want a climate of peace and serenity. All rooms are equipped with toilet, shower, telephone and heating.
The building has two canteen rooms, a meeting and reading room, a library, a conference room, easily accessible by lift.