With its 100 windows overlooking the St. Mark's Basin, the Londra Palace has for over 165 years been the meeting place of choice for artists, celebrities, travelers and tourists who love authentic places, not conforming to the spirit of the time.
The view is always unbeatable, ranging between the San Marco Basin and the Venice Lagoon, on one side, or the roofs and bell towers of the historic center, on the other.
The Hotel, in fact, is located on the Riva degli Schiavoni a few steps from Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs and all the other symbolic places of the city but also from its most secret and authentic corners.
Hotel Londra Palace History
The original nucleus of the Hotel Londra Palace in Venice dates back to 1853. It was called Hoteld’Angleterre & Pension, then Londres. In 1865 the Beau Rivage was built, in neo-Lombard style, joined to the Hotel d'Angleterr by a connecting body. The elevation of the oldest building in the 1950s and the most recent renovations of the facade and internal public spaces have given the hotel its current appearance.
The name "Londra Palace" dates back to the 1970s. The Hotel Londra Palace counts among its most illustrious guests the Russian composer PetrIl'Ic Tchaikovsky, who in December 1877 composed the first three movements of Symphony No. 4 in room 106, originally entitled "Do Leoni"
The Londra Palace has 53 rooms, all different from each other in terms of furnishings, tapestries and fine brocades, marble bathrooms, equipped with all the comforts of a luxury hotel.
The hotel's excellent restaurant serves innovative Venetian cuisine and features a terrace overlooking the lagoon.