Schloss Mitterhart (named after a previous owner also called Gwercher Schlössl) is located in the municipality of Vomp, in the district of Schwaz, in Tyrol.
Schloss Mitterhart History
The striking octagonal tower with a large narrow baroque onion dome immediately strikes the Schloss Mitterhart. It has a portal with a rustic frame in relief and side columns with a balcony. Inside there are rooms with flattened stuccoes from around 1730.
In 1802 Johann Gwercher bought Ansitz Mitterhart, hence the name Gwercher Schlössl. Around 1853 Josef Ritter von Woertz purchased the property. He had bought the castle of Hirschberg (Wenns) from the Fieger estate in 1817. On 27 April 1873 it was bought by Josef Mayr, a carter, merchant and farmer from Matrei am Brenner. Today, the sixth-generation dwelling is owned by this family (now Mair). Since 1938 it is operated as a hotel and restaurant with the name Schloss Mitterhart.
At Schloss Mitterhart it is also possible to organize special celebrations and events, with a staff prepared to personalize each event, whether in one of the salons, which can accommodate up to 50 people, or in the beautiful "Rosengarten" garden.