The Pünthof Estate in the beautiful scenery of Lagundo welcomes guests in a family atmosphere, where stress and frenzy leave room for relaxation and quiet.
Ansitz Pünthof History
Twelve rooms and six apartments distributed on romantic holiday homes, with ancient and powerful stone walls, lime plaster of an ancient rose, wrought iron railings, cross vaults, precious frescoes, painted wood paneling, blown glass windows, beams in slanted wood, historical furniture, continue the tradition of hospitality that for centuries distinguished this complex: already in Roman times in fact the ancient "Via Claudia Augusta" carried travelers to the north.
In the Middle Ages, when the Tyrol was governed by prince bishops and vassals, it was built in the 13th century in Lagundo, the "Bindhof Estate", surrounded by its own orchards and, above all, vineyards.
In 1633 Christian Wolf, coming from Bavaria, was fascinated by the estate and settled there with his family. Expansions and renovations tell the different eras in the family news.
Renaissance decorations in the tower still testify today to the social and cultural level of the lords of the Pünthof Estate. The current owners have carefully renovated the castelletto and the surrounding buildings. The historical part is protected by artistic assets.
The patina of history, architectural charm, together with modern services and comforts, are the charm of this dream tourist estate in South Tyrol