Birra Forst was founded in 1857 by two entrepreneurs from Merano who guessed with happy inspiration that the one in which the plant is still located was the perfect area: superb spring water, large spaces at the bottom of the valley, pure air in unspoiled nature, with the majestic mountains to frame.
Birreria Forst History
The history of the Forst brewery begins in 1857, qiamdp was founded by two entrepreneurs from Merano, Johann Wallnöfer and Franz Tappeiner.
In 1863, with a very limited production of around 230 hectoliters, the brewery with the attached land was purchased by Josef Fuchs. Thanks also to the support of his wife Filomena, the company flourishes.
Arriving to the present day with Margherita Fuchs von Mannstein, the leadership of the company is entrusted to the fourth generation.
Over the years, the brewery has grown to become one of the largest breweries in Italy. The perfect harmony between an absolute respect for nature in its manifestations and a state-of-the-art technique, makes Forst Beer a custodian of an unrivaled beer art.
Even today, the brewery is owned by the Fuchs family which, as always over the years, lives up to its existential philosophy, excellent quality of its products with absolute respect for nature.