Villa Sagramoso Perez Pompei
Historically Illasi the center of the feudal Pompeii formed in 1509 by the doge Gerolamo Priuli, in favor of Jerome Pompeii and brothers, considered their merits acquired during the war then under way against the league of Cambrai, distinguishing above all in the capture of the Marquis of Mantua. The investiture gave the Pompeii a lordship over the castle, jurisdiction over the territory and the title of accounts of Illasi. The feudal system remained in force until 1797, the year of the fall of the Serenissima, while the Pompeii family died out in 1851, maintaining the branches of the Counts Sagramoso Perez-Pompei and the Marquis Carlotti.
The complex consists of a central body and two wings, long barns and stables, in which stands a porch on the first floor and a large entrance arch in ashlar on the ground floor. Next to this first mansion, at the beginning of the eighteenth century it was built by the architect Gio Batta Pozzo the new and majestic palace, inspired by urban architectural models. On the ground floor stands a loggia with round arches, on the sides of which there are two rectangular windows with stone frames. On the main floor there are nine large rectangular windows inserted in mirrors, arranged at a regular distance between them. The same compositional scheme is found in the openings of the attic, which together with the molded cornice of eaves supported by shelves close the façade. Most of the rooms inside the building are decorated with frescoes including those of Tommaso and Andrea Porta, brothers Lorenzi and Cignaroli.
The original project foresaw that at the sides of the building there were two symmetrical wings, two floors, with double arched loggia. Of these only the eastern one was built, while in the west, due to the death of the client Giunio Pompei, it was preferred to interrupt the works and maintain the previous seventeenth-century building.
Also in the villa was the castle of Illasi, which was accessed via a long and straight avenue bordered by cypress trees that started from a large Italian garden. In the nineteenth century, this garden was transformed by Antonio Pompei into a large 60-hectare park in the English style, the main element of which was a pond that recalled the shape of Lake Garda. Also in Antonio Pompei it was necessary to build the greenhouses in Moorish style., 2 - 37031 Illasi -