The Gepatschhaus is an alpine hut belonging to the Alpine Club in the Frankfurt am Main section of the German Alpine Club. The 2nd category hut is located in the rear of Kaunertal in the Ötztal Alps. Built in 1873, it offers 100 beds and is the starting point for excursions and climbs to the numerous peaks that surround it
The Gepatschhaus was built in 1873 as the first German Alpine Club hut in Austria. In 1892, 1911 and 1958 the building was enlarged and partially renovated in 2005. The Maria Schnee chapel, inaugurated in 1895, is located right next to the Gepatschhaus. The Gepatschhaus, including the chapel, has been named a historic building since 2013.
The hut is the starting point for numerous hikes, peaks and ice tours: Weißseespitze, Glockturm, Vordere and Hintere Ölgrubenspitze - all the famous 3000m peaks that can be climbed from the Gepatschhaus. Another attraction is the climbing garden and the Holderli Seppl via ferrata, both about 15 minutes walk from the house.
The Gepatschhaus offers sleeping facilities for over 100 people. The accommodations are divided into double and multi-bed rooms, in rustic and comfortable environments, with the possibility of combining different categories of rooms.