Schloss Eschelberg is a castle in the village of Eschelberg in the municipality of St. Gotthard in the Upper Austrian Mühlviertel. It was erected by a castle first mentioned in 1205, which was rebuilt in 1598 in a Renaissance-style castle.
Privileged venue for events and ceremonies, in addition to the large garden, it offers its historic rooms where to organize banquets, seminars, conferences in a special atmosphere.
Schloss Eschelberg History
Built at the end of the 16th century, the castle is a three-winged building whose courtyard is closed to the west by a wall. It is located on a ridge that slopes steeply on both sides to 396 m above sea level. A. Altitude. Parts of the medieval palace were included in the building structure. To the north is the entrance wing. The Renaissance door made of granite blocks, above which it is still possible to see the emblem of the Lords of Gera, can be reached via a bridge. The adjacent gate room is overlooked by a tower with a tented roof. In the south-east of the palace complex is the castle chapel (consecrated to the Holy Spirit) with a stained-glass vault. It is built on the bases of an ancient tower.
After 1945 the refugees were housed in the castle, in 1962 the castle tower was completely destroyed by lightning. The castle complex was renovated in 2010. Today the complex can be rented for weddings and company parties.