Even before the 16th century, on the site of the current Villa Godi, Piovene Porto Godi, there was a dominical house of the Godi counts. On this building, on behalf of Count Camillo Godi, the current Villa Piovene was built in 1597, based on a design by the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi
. The architectural simplicity that dominates the construction does not detract from the majesty of the factory: this austerity is the search for simplicity desired by the lifestyle of Count Camillo and his father Pietro.
The plan of the central body responds exactly to the project drawn up by the architect. It falls within the usual pattern of the Venetian villas of the first half of the 16th century; a large central hall of 180 square meters. flanked by six rooms of about 60 square meters. each. The two wings joined to the ancient body were built at the end of the century. XVIII. The Oratory known as "la Favallina" depends on the Villa, an excellent testimony of the 17th century from Vicenza, attributed to Antonio Pizzoccaro.
The Villa is located in Sarmego di Grumolo delle Abbadesse, 10 km from Vicenza and a very short distance from the Vicenza-est and Grisignano di Zocco motorway toll booths, and has been restored to host cultural meetings, business meetings, conferences, fashion shows, weddings . A vast park with age-old trees of 25,000 m2. surrounds the Villa, giving it great charm while leaving ample space for events outside; the wide porches of the barchesse allow summer meetings. The Villa also has a large internal car park.