Costruito come residenza di caccia nel 1850. Oggi un rifugio alla moda per le vacanze in montagna, che si tratti di sci, escursionismo, ciclismo o esplorazione della regione del patrimonio mondiale dell'UNESCO.
Landhaus Koller Storia
In the 13th century, the Habsburgs, a Swiss princely family, covered most of their administrative expenses with customs revenue across the Gotthard. After the successful struggle for freedom, the Confederates sought new sources of income, turned east, seized Austria, invented the "Salzkammergut", placed it under private ownership and lived quite comfortably from the salt trade to the end of the first world war.
Since the middle of the 19th century, the Habsburg emperor Franz Joseph has spent his summers in nearby Bad Ischl and with him all that has rank and name in the huge Danube monarchy. Ernst Graf Silva-Tarouc, the kuk minister of agriculture, resides here in Gosau (unfortunately the castle no longer exists) and Moritz Faber, the director of the "Liesinger-Aktien-Brauerei".
After the first summer holidays of the Faber family in 1883, Moritz Faber immediately won the hearts of the people of Gosau: every year he invited the population to “Faber Day”. Each citizen received a substantial snack and each schoolboy a cup at their own expense. The then Emperor Franz Joseph I was also a guest of Faber several times during his stays in Bad Ischl. In the years around 1900 the house was transformed into a hunting lodge.
After the First World War and the end of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, the fortunes of the Faber family were in poor condition, so Moritz Faber had to think about selling in 1919. During the Second World War the villa was transformed into a house for female work and after the end of the war it was confiscated as German property by the American occupation forces.
In 1949 the son of the last legal owner, who in the meantime had died during the emigration, gave the property to a Viennese lawyer for sale.
In 1954 the owner of the sawmill Alois Wohlmuther bought Villa Faber until his son-in-law Gottfried Koller renovated the house in 1961 and started running it as a guesthouse. Little by little the building has adapted to the needs of the guests. The last major renovation was carried out by the second generation of the Koller family in 1991. The current owner wanted to keep Landhaus Koller as an architectural gem of the Salzkammergut. "In the spirit of Moritz Faber, the house should be a hospitable place with an elegant and traditional touch for our guests," says Gottfried Koller.
The farmhouse is completely enclosed by a park that stretches between fields and meadows.
There is also a heated outdoor swimming pool, a sauna, a steam bath and an infrared cabin in the wooden house opposite the hotel.