Schloss Walkersdorf is a castle in the municipality of Grafenegg in the district of Krems-Land in Lower Austria open to hospitality with apartments and a typical tavern in the complex
Schloss Walkersdorf History
The "Waltprehstorf" settlement appears for the first time in 1250/60. The Göttweiger Urbar mentions 1302/22 "Tiemo de Walkersdorf" and "Dominus Ulricus de Radeprunn de Walkersdorf". The castle has often changed owners, including the Abbey of Melk and the counts Breuner and Stubenberg.
Walkersdorf is located on the plains of Kamp, just 1 km north-west of Etsdorf am Kamp. The present, in the form of a court of honor, with three wings, a two-storey building dates back to the end of the 18th century. The main façade facing the settlement shows classic elements that accentuate the otherwise very sober, modernly-shaped building. Today it houses apartments, a cellar and a tavern.